• English
  • Français
  • Italiano

Utilità

Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Vos vacances entre mer et montagne ...
Chiesa di Sant’Ambrogio
Piazza Sant'Ambrogio 4
Varazze, SV
+39.019.97416
Javascript est nécessaire à la visualisation de cette carte.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The church of Sant'Ambrogio is the largest temple in the city of Varazze, has a very long and complex history of which it is imperative to give some details.

 

Probably at the beginning of 1300 they started to build the new church in late Romanic Lombard style the clue left nowadays is the bell tower called by locals "u Campanin Russu " or "the red bell tower" dated 1338. The unusual position of the tower near the front, but still slightly backward, together with the presence of some architectural details of the sixteenth century, is evidence that the orientation of the building it was not like today, but literally rotated of 180 degrees in line with the liturgical norms of the time; In fact, once the presbytery was oriented toward the sunrise, depicting Christ, while the portal was opened to the west.

 

One of the symbols of the city of Varazze, the majestic bell tower of Lombard style represents an attractive transition between the Romanic and early Gothic likely distinctive feature of the Masters "comacini" here operating in the first half of 1300. The bell tower measures 33 meters at the top of the steeple, in effect added in the nineteenth century in the cement base matter, and 27.50 meters to the older eaves. Complete the decoration of the tower a curious and, indeed irregular succession of cups pottery called " Islamic basins."

 

We note also that the "new" fourteenth-century church had to make room for more modern buildings. In 1535 there was a remake of the first structure, the only evidence of this work remain confined to a narrow corridor linking the sacristy and bell tower: here you can see some of it remains in the sixteenth century stucco decorations of the side chapels. The current orientation was adopted in 1665, and strongly supported by the population, mostly wanting to beautify the temple and eliminating the problem of the old entrance too close to the city walls. The last work concerns the facade that was rebuilt in its present form between 1912 and 1920 by the architect Luigi Guglielmo Camogli.

Vous pouvez trouver à proximité (plage 5 km)